Monday, May 19, 2014

Our 8th Anniversary

May 18th was our 8 year wedding anniversary! 

It's hard to believe that 8 years ago we were on the beaches of St. Lucia making the best commitment of our lives to each other. Cody & I met almost 13 years ago and I still remember the first time I saw him in freshman seminar class of college! We have been inseparable ever since and we grow closer & stronger every day!

We were able to have a romantic getaway for a night! Saturday we checked into the Mokara Hotel on the Riverwalk. This is our 2nd stay at the Mokara and it is absolutely beautiful! We enjoyed a late lunch at Rita's on the Riverwalk.

When we came back to our hotel room we were surprised with a bottle of champagne on ice!


That evening we enjoyed relaxing couples Swedish massages. I have had massages with every pregnancy but this was the first time a spa had a special pregnancy pillow with a belly cut out which allowed me to lay on my stomach for most of the massage!

After we got all dressed up we enjoyed an amazing dinner at Texas de Brazil. I LOVE this restaurant! The variety of meats were delicious! I'm sure we ate enough protein for the entire week in one sitting! We finished off the course with a delicious slice of cheesecake and hot coffee.
We were actually able to sleep in the next morning and enjoyed a room service breakfast! We took a morning stroll around the river before checking out of the hotel and heading home.
We have had so many blessings over the past 8 years and we are incredibly thankful. I love you Cody with all my heart! To many more years to come...


1 comment:

hollie marie said...

Yay for the Mokara! Love that place-- we are also going there for a getaway in a few weeks! Looks like y'all had a wonderful time :)