Tuesday, May 6, 2014

34 Weeks


Total weight gain: 22.5 lbs
Fetal size: a butternut squash! (approximately 4.5-5 pounds & 17.2-18.7 inches long)
Movement: Baby LOVES my evening desserts :)
Symptoms: Contractions have been less this week, thankfully. Insomnia is still brutal though. 


I am so relieved to be at the 34 week mark! All the major developmental milestones have been hit and now this baby just needs to work on gaining weight and lung development. The fetal rapid weight gain is starting and will continue until delivery. 

Sunday afternoon was my "diaper sprinkle" baby shower that was so generously hosted by a sweet friend. I am blown away at all the generosity and love towards this baby! It was truly a beautiful day with a bunch of family and friends! I should have some pictures to post of that soon.
Baby Shower Goodies

















The crib bedding arrived yesterday (curtains still to come). I wish I could say I loved it but I am disappointed with the bumper padding quality. It is not nearly as fluffy as I am used to on our other custom crib beddings. Overall, I love the look of the pattern, fabric & colors. 




I see my OB for a 34 week check up tomorrow morning and should be having one more 2 week appointment at 36 weeks before going weekly. 

For anyone who thinks we secretly know the gender and aren't telling - WE DO NOT KNOW!!!! I would never go through this much effort on designing a gender neutral room if we had found out the gender. I honestly don't understand the point of keeping it a surprise unless we were also surprised along with everyone else. I can not wait for Cody to announce the gender at delivery for the first time! 

1 comment:

Holly said...

It's been fun watching you get ready for your baby! I am also 34 weeks but not nearly as ready as you are. I wish diaper sprinkle's were a thing in my area! Also, I love the bedding!

And, way to go on the weight! I have gained 32 lbs already! UGH.