Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Texture Collage



This week we are learning "touch" as one of our 5 senses. The girls had a lot of fun making these texture collages. I honestly didn't know what materials I was using for this until an hour before we did it. I went through my stash and found a variety of textures. I went ahead and printed the descriptions on the cardstock before we started the activity.

I gave each girl a pile of textures and said "which one feels soft & fluffy?" etc until we got through them all. They glued them on with very minimal help (mainly just Scarlett).

Materials I used: 
Soft & Fluffy- furry fabric scraps
Wrinkley - crepe streamer
Smooth & Squishy - foam
Bumpy - twisty ties (unseparated)
Rough - glittered foam (could have used sandpaper ...this was prettier)
Feathery - piece of feather boa






If you are interested in the printable template for this, comment here and I will get one posted!

1 comment:

cmmay said...

Could you please send me your texture template? Thank you!