Thursday, October 14, 2010

Growing Girls!

I can't believe it has been 2 weeks already since we welcomed Emma into our family!! The time has really flown by. Today Emma had her 2 week pedi appointment for a weight check. She now weighs 7# 11.8oz and is 20.5in long. At her 4 day old appt she was 6# 10oz, so she is gaining weight nicely with the breastfeeding.

2 Weeks Old

Sleep
Emma loves to sleep on her tummy, which makes it hard since you are only supposed to put babies to sleep on their back. I let her nap during the day on her tummy since I can sit next to her in bed and study. At night I have to let her fall asleep on my chest and then go lay her down in her cradle. She really is a great sleeper, just loves to be on her stomach.

Head Control
She already has great head control. Yesterday I saw her lift her head up and turn it to the other side while napping on her tummy. When we went to the pedi at just 4 days old, the pedi was amazed at how much Emma could hold her own head up! She is a strong little girl :)

Photos from the past week

Funny expressions at 8 days old:

Reese LOVES holding her baby sister!!

...and reading her books :)

At 12 days old I finally caught a smile on camera!

Reese
Reese turned 20 months last week (the girls are one week shy of being 20mo apart). Reese has truly "grown up" over the past several weeks. She recently went through a growth spurt and we can't believe how tall she is now! I need to measure her but measuring a toddler is not the easiest sometimes!! She is 24# according to our scale at home (had been 23# for quite a while).

Here is Reese getting a little one-on-one time with Daddy!!




This past week Reese's homework was to make a collage of her family to hang in her classroom to make it more "homey" and I think it turned out great! They laminated it and hung it on the wall so they can talk about our family with Reese :)


Pumpkin Patch 2010
This past weekend we took the girls to the pumpkin patch in Boerne, since Cody's brother lives there. Reese had a blast picking pumpkins and playing with the scar crows :)

Our Family












Uncle Jason






Granddad & Meme












Reese picked out baby pumpkins for herself and Emma!



October Festival 2010 at Concordia (Reese's school)


Reese made an owl puppet



Got her face painted for the 1st time...









Played with playdough (I think Daddy had more fun)!



Had snow cones...






... and she got her hands dirty at the shaving cream table!


2 comments:

Kelly Grant said...

Emma: She IS strong! Tummy sleeping huh? Addison has been rolling to her tummy and sleeping FACE DOWN ON THE MATRESS, AHHH! I have to turn her over because that is too scary!!!

Reese: Can she get any cuter?!? I mean...she is a doll! She is good at posing for pictures and I LOVE LOVE seeing her with Emma!!!

You are such a good mommy!

Tonya said...

Awww, thanks Kelly!! I don't mind her tummy sleeping as long as I'm sitting right next to her. There is no way I'd let her tummy sleep at night. She is pretty good at turning her head from one side to the other while on her tummy though :) As far as Reese posing for the camera...not really! She is getting SO camera shy lately. I have to try really hard to capture a smile on camera these days :)