Tuesday, May 4, 2010

18 Weeks!


Today I am 18 weeks!! I feel like I hit a milestone making it this far :) In just 2 days we will know the gender of this baby!!! I can hardly hold back the anticipation!! I have dreams every night about laying on the ultrasound table and the tech looking for the gender. Every time they say "boy" (in my dreams of course)!! Cody still firmly believes it is a girl :) We have our names picked out...just waiting to know which one it will be! I still feel great! No issues. We meet the new OB at our appt on Thurs and I've very optimistic that he will be the right OB for me.


 I think my new dose of Synthroid is working, I don't feel so run down anymore. 

My TSH was 6.4 (normal range 0.3-5.1)
My Thyroid Antibodies were 135 (normal range <30)
This means my body is still attacking my thyroid. I had a thyroid ultrasound done this past Friday. I'm still waiting on the results but the tech said I still definitely have one nodule (had 3 small ones when I was pregnant with Reese).


18 Weeks:

By week 18 of your pregnancy, your baby's crown-to-rump length is 5 to 5.5 inches long. Your baby continues to develop fat layers and weighs about 5.25 ounces. Your baby will continue to grow and develop, but the rapid growth will slow down for a little while. At this point of your pregnancy, your uterus is approximately the size of a cantaloupe. Although weight gain varies from woman to woman, your total weight gain at this point should be 10 to 13 pounds. 

Around this time, your baby becomes more sensitive to the outside world and shows her presence through powerful kicks and prods. The bones through which sound is passed to the inner ear have hardened and the parts of the brain that receives and processes nerve signals from the ears are developing. This means that your baby can hear now. Your baby will get used to familiar sounds, such as your heart beating, familiar voices, blood rushing through the umbilical cord and other daily routine sounds. Your baby will become startled if he hears a loud sound. 

No comments: